About Physical Therapy
With a strong commitment to high quality care and professional expertise, SPR Physical therapist can offer sensible approach to improve your holistic health. Our Physical therapist can provide thorough assessment after listening to your problems. We will work with you to set goals and develop an effective treatment plan taking into account of your lifestyle, general health, leisure activities and expectations. It will include advice on posture, ergonomics, and life style modifications, self-help strategies to prevent and reduce the risk of recurrence of symptoms.
We assess movements and how our patients function within their individual environments. We then aim at fulfilling the goals of the patients which could be as simple as taking the first steps after an injury or as complex as putting them back to higher level activity. We are proud of our patient centered care , the ability to take up each patient as a unique individual and work for its betterment , meeting his/ her expectations
Benefits of Early Physical Therapy Treatment
A personalized physical therapy program can help people recover to their previous level of functioning and facilitate behaviors and improvements in their lifestyle that can help avoid further injury and improve overall health and well-being. Primary care physicians also refer patients at the first sign of a problem to physical therapy, as it is considered a traditional approach to problem management. Wondering what makes it so necessary for physical therapy? there are many but here are the best 5 ways to help you:
- Reduce pain or remove it. Therapeutic exercises and manual therapy procedures may help alleviate discomfort and restore muscle and joint function to minimize pain, such as joint and soft tissue mobilization or therapies such as ultrasound, taping or electrical stimulation. Such treatments can also avoid the return of pain.
- Avoid an action. Surgery may not be required if physical therapy helps you eliminate discomfort or recover from an injury. And you can benefit from physical therapy pre-surgery, even if surgery is necessary.
- Enhancing flexibility. Physical therapy will help if you have difficulty standing, walking or driving, no matter your age. Exercises to stretch and reinforce help regain your ability to move.
- Recover from a sports injury or stop it. Physical therapists understand how multiple sports can raise the risk of some forms of injuries (such as shin splint for distance runners). To ensure a healthy return to your sport, they can develop suitable rehabilitation or prevention exercise programs for you.
- Boost your equilibrium and avoid falls . If you are at high risk for falls, therapists will include exercises that challenge your balance safely and carefully as a way to simulate real-life circumstances. In order to help with safer walking, therapists also assist you with activities to enhance balance and assistive devices. Physical therapists may perform complex maneuvers that can easily restore proper vestibular function and minimize and remove symptoms of dizziness or vertigo.